FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TYPE: Full-time and Part-time
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-exempt
SUMMARY: To provide an exceptional level of care to residents that meets or exceeds facility expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides stand-by assist (or reminders) with activities of daily living such as grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, dressing, hair, housekeeping, toileting, and maintaining the personal environment (i.e., clothing, linen, personal belongings with the apartment). (ADL needs).
- Able to lift 25 lbs and push 40 lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, lift, and reach freely to assist residents.
- Provides information and encourages residents to participate in community activity programs.
- Transports resident to other departments and to internal or external functions.
- Responds to emergency calls, resident/visitor’s requests and corrects environment hazards in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Documents/reports care provided and resident observations including unusual or significant changes in physical, mental or behavioral conditions.
- Obtains/performs vital signs and heights and weights.
- Knows and is able to respond to emergency needs such as designed by community policies.
- Attends to work assignments and in-service training.
- Observes community policies and procedures regarding attendance, timeliness, house rules, teamwork, customer service and other policies/ procedures that may be introduced from time to time.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to company Policy and Procedures.
- Adheres to Colorado State Regulations.
- Administer medication as directed.
- Interacts/assists residents and other disciplines/departments.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- QMAP Certification (Required)
- Certified Medication Aide (Preferred)
- CPR certification (Preferred)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PRECAUTIONS: Exposure to blood/body fluids is possible
- 8-12 hour shifts
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
Work Remotely: No